Monday, April 19, 2010

Goals.

It is my ultimate goal to write professionally for periodicals, both poems and non-fiction of a high quality, and my own books. I truly enjoy the editing and publishing aspect of the literary world and would like to expand my expertise in both. I have worked with David Dodd Lee, of The Wolfson Press, and his skills as both a poet and editor have inspired me to follow his impressive lead.
Although writing professionally is my artistic goal I do have a love for teaching and would like to be an instructor in creative writing at the small university or college level. It is too much of a pleasure to talk books, writers, and ideas with young minds that have fresh and interesting perspectives to not be involved with that process as part of my career. There could be nothing more rewarding than to have a student say that I influenced them in a positive way.
I also would like to help with the organization of the communities I will live in as they attempt to improve themselves and become more cohesive and supportive.

No comments:

Post a Comment